The safe use of abrasive wheels course studies the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 as applied to Abrasive Wheels. It require that all persons who are responsible for the mounting of Abrasive Wheels, either on fixed or portable machines, be registered within the company as having been trained and certified following their attendance at an introductory course.
It is recommended that frequent users refresh their knowledge every 5 years, less frequent every 3 years
Benefits to you
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of safe working practices
- Recognise defects and hazards
- Mount wheels and accessories safely
- Hazards arising from the use of Abrasive Wheels and precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking the wheels and to type and speed.
- Selection of wheels:- types of grades and grit.
- Methods of inspecting and testing wheels for damage.
- Functions of all components used with Abrasive Wheels, flanges, washers, brushes etc.
- Truing, dressing and balancing of wheels.
- Adjustment of rests, and use of guards.
- Requirements of the regulations.
- Question paper
- Wheel balancing of wheels.
- Fitting, testing, running of wheels for portable grinders.
- Practical assessment.
Who should attend?
Personnel who will be involved in the mounting of Abrasive Wheels.
- Course Notes
- Buffet Lunch
- Course Certificate