Develop new and inexperienced leaders from the outset and they will excel.
This one-day becoming a new leader course provides essential team leadership skills to those who are newly promoted to the role. Delegates will enhance their leadership skills to improve effectiveness within the team and organisation, enabling new team leaders to step up to their new responsibilities.
It is also relevant to existing team leaders wanting to update their skills and to aspiring individuals who have the potential for future development into a team leader role.
Benefits to you
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Assess and improve their effectiveness as the leader of a team
- Make decisions with greater confidence
- Motivate and develop the team to achieve greater potential
- Improve channels of communication with their team
- Use the stages of team development to assess the maturity of their team
- Provide constructive feedback to their team members.
- The difference between leadership and management.
- Characteristics of a great leader.
- Leadership styles.
- How to motivate your team.
- Leadership mistakes to avoid.
- Being assertive.
- Setting goals for the team and yourself.
- Effective communication in leadership roles.
- The art of delegation.
- Giving feedback to team members.
- Stages in team development.
Who should attend?
Managers, Supervisors and those looking to become a team leader