This developing interpersonal skills course is about being able to communicate effectively with others. It is an essential skill in the development of successful working relationships, in particular when faced with what we perceive to be difficult or challenging conversations or problem situations.
Benefits to you
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Build more positive working relationships with others.
- Have a better understanding of different behavioural types.
- Understand how to deal with the more difficult people situations positively.
- Recognise communication barriers and how to overcome them.
- Develop communication styles and attitudes that produce more effective results.
- Understand personal motivations
- How We Communicate
- Dealing with Communication Barriers
- Questioning and Listening Skills
- Reading Non-Verbal Behaviour
- Understanding Personality Styles
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Developing Positive Attitudes
- What Motivates Others and Us
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Key Steps in Assertiveness
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to improve and develop more effective interpersonal skills.