Do your people know how to achieve positive outcomes from negotiating?
Many people think the point of a negotiation is to come away with as much as they can, at the expense of the other party. This one day negotiating and influencing course shows how that some people lack the skills or assertiveness needed to ensure a positive outcome for themselves and the other party.
In fact, negotiating is mostly about achieving a win-win scenario and working towards acceptable outcomes for all – where some compromise may be required but ideally, where working together actually creates ‘a bigger pie’ for us all to have a share in.
This one day negotiating and influencing course shows you how to become a more skilful negotiator without the need to for the other party to feel like they have lost.
Benefits to you
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what is Negotiation?
- Understand he different types of Negotiation
- Appreciate strategies to develop trust
- Prepare to negotiate
- Communicate during the negotiation
- Influence whilst negotiating
- What is Negotiation?
- The different types of Negotiation
- Negotiation tactics you can use
- BATNA (Best Alternative To Negotiated Agreement)
- Negotiation factors to consider
- Competitive v Collaborative Negotiations
- Negotiation styles
- Types of negotiators
- Position v Interests
- Power behaviours and the rules of power
- Strategies to develop trust
- Preparing to negotiate
- Situational analysis
- Communicating during the negotiation
- Influencing whilst negotiating
Who should attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Sales managers, sales personnel