The Health and Safety Executive strongly recommend a yearly refresher for all First Aid trained staff. This course provides participants with an annual first aid refresher to update and practice their skills necessary to meet HSE recommendations.
Benefits to you
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Provide emergency first aid at work
- Administer first aid to a casualties with: injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- Chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Anaphylactic shock
- Eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes).
- Dealing with accidents and illness
- Using a First Aid kit
- Record keeping
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Control of bleeding,
Who should attend?
This course is for employees who require an update and refresh of their First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work skills in between their formal First Aid Requalification course.