This 6 hour course is in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and meets the requirements of Ofsted. It is an introductory course and has been designed by Front Line Medical staff and is designed for people caring for children in any setting. It is accredited by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB).
Benefits to you
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify a casualty who is in Cardiac Arrest
- Provide effective Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Improve the Patient’s chance of survival
- Manage common Medical and Trauma conditions
- Find the right treatment pathway
- Incident Management
- Primary & Secondary Survey
- Management of an unconscious casualty – all ages
- Child & Infant Resuscitation (Resus Council 2015)
- Child & Infant Choking (Resus Council 2015)
- Dealing with Traumatic incidents
- Treatment of Bleeding & Burns
- Managing Clinical shock
- Febrile Convulsions / Fitting
- On-going assessment and a short “celebration of knowledge” question paper
Who should attend?
Childminders, Nursery and School staff (dealing with Foundation Stage) and anybody who deals with infants and children and wants an introductory course.