This course is aimed to give those involved in sports the means to deal with common medical and traumatic related injuries, sustained whilst engaging in sports activities. The course will give participants the knowledge to recognise and manage the conditions below until help arrives.
Benefits to you
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and attempt to resuscitate a person in cardiac arrest
- Deal with a person in shock
- Manage an incident confidently
- Manage common Medical and Trauma conditions associated with sports
- Find the right treatment pathway
- Management of an Unconscious Patient
- Identifying Cardiac Arrest
- Effective Chest Compressions
- Airway Management
- Primary Survey
- Limb Trauma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Breathing problems
- Management of bleeding
- Chest pains
- Head injuries
- Scene management
- Spinal management
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in sports activities, whether they are a supporter, player, manager or other person who can assist a sportsperson in need.