This on-site course is aimed at employees who currently undertake risk assessments and plan safe systems of work using lifting equipment. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should obtain a copy of BS7121 parts1 & 3 plus a copy of LOLER 98 ACoP. They should be familiar with all relevant legislation.
Benefits to you
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Have understanding of legislation and approved codes of practice which are relevant to the planning and execution of lifting operations.
- Recognise and understand the factors which will affect stability and safe use of cranes.
- Identify the relevant parts of a generic lifting plan and repetitive lifts.
- Explain roles and responsibilities of personnel involved in lifting operations as defined by BS 7121.
- Planning and Supervising Lifts
- Safe use of overhead pendant cranes(*)
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Lift planning
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)(*)
- Practical Slinging & Crane supervision
- BS 7121 relevant sections
- Sling angles
- Lifting Accessories (Examination, Inspection, Use and Planning)
- Documentation & Certification
- ADL Overhead crane(s) capacity and location
- Lifting Method Statements & Risk Assessments
*These topics should have been covered on Basic Pendant Crane operators Course
Who should attend?
Any person(s) planning and supervising lifts.